Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Knitting News: Knitting Up a Poem

Recently, I decided to add a news filter for knitting to my google reader so that in addition to my regular reading I can see what sort of knitting stories are out there. Today I came across a story from the Guardain about the Poetry Society in the UK literally knitting a poem in honor of their 100th year.

This sounds like a pretty awesome and I can't wait to see the results, which will be unveiled in October. Apparently, they're still accepting help too so if anyone is interested you can head over the Poetry Society's website here, (they're taking crochet letters as well) and also check out the Ravelry group for people particpating here.

You can also read the poem that inspired this projet, "How to Knit a Poem" by Gwyneth Lewis, on the Poetry's Society's website here.

No comments: