Regardless of the origin of the term, I am currently faced with having to do some frogging myself. Below is my Somewhat Cowl, which has been keeping me company while I listen to bar review lectures.
While I working on it, I started to think it was coming out a touch too big, and that perhaps my gauge had changed when I switched to knitting in the round. Turns out I was right. I decided to wash the incomplete body to check on everything and my gauge is looser on the lower half of the sweater. I tired on the sweater and, as I expected, in the back there's a loose flab of fabric. Sometimes, its hard being right.
Of course, this issue was possibly made worse by my inability to count. I added a couple stitches because I thought I needed to have the right number for the ribbing. Turns out I was wrong about that the number. I fudged the ribbing a bit since I was feeling lazy.
Now I could ignore the extra fold of fabric. Its not so bad as to be unwearable. Actually most people probably wouldn't even notice it. But I still have a few more weeks of bar lectures and if you're going to knit a sweater you might as well do it right. So my poor little somewhat cowl shall be partially frogged.
But at least I have pretty socks that are going well to knit on the beach this weekend.