Wednesday, March 28, 2007

On The Table

So I finally have some progress shots of what I've been knitting recently so without further ado I present to you... the Simple Knitted Bodice!
Isn't it pretty? The one on the left is when I tired it on after finishing the increases. I picked the XS so I was terrified that it would be too small, but I was equally afaird of the S being too big, but it fit perfectly when I tired it on. The trying on was about a week ago and since then I've joined it and started the lace section. I've finished the first repeat of it and it looks pretty, though I don't particularly like knitting with size 3mm needles and a worsted weight yarn.
I didn't even realize how tight I was knitting though until I was watching House last night and picked up my brother's socks. For the first time ever I actually enjoyed knitting with size 0 needles. I was able to get a couple inches of them done, so they're just under 4 ins now, and hopefully while I'm in the newspaper office tonight I can get some more done in between editing sections.

And finally for some recent statsh enhancing purchases. There have been a few good sales going on recently and I just couldn't resist stocking up. However, I do projects in mind for everything that I ordered. This is some Cotton Fleece I got from yarnware.com a couple weeks ago. The color is Praire Lupine and I'm imaging either a Rusted Root or Green Gable from zephyr would be lovely, but I'm currently using the needles I need for the SKB so I have some time to make this decision. I also took part in the massive sale that was going at knithappens.com, but more about that when the order gets here. Suffice to say its pretty, really, really pretty.

No comments: