Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eight!

As I mentioned not too long ago, I recently had a sudden uncontrollable need for blue and pink stripe socks. I'm happy to say that this need has now been satisfied.


I learned two new things, and this is particularly pleasing because its been awhile since I've learned any new techniques.  That doesn't mean that I know everything, just that I've been too lazy to take on a project that requires me to learn something new.  But with these socks I learn how to do helical stripes and a short row heel.  Neither of these are really all that hard and I can see my self using them again in the future.  The stripes are a great way to stash bust the little bits of extra sock yarn I have lying around.  The short row is just a nice alternative to a flap heel.  I'm not sure which one I prefer, we'll see how well the short row heel wears.  But it is very nice looking and actually was not nearly as finky as I thought it would be.


Overall, I love them.  They're simple and cute, and make a great addition to my collection.

No comments: