Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Catch Up FO: Pink Braid Socks

I have been so busy the past few weeks that I completely forgot to post a project I finished it earlier this summer.


These are the Braided Gem Socks from Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn in Dream in Color Smooshy Petal Showers.  I really like Dream in Color Smooshy because well its so smooshy.  Also the first pair of socks I made with it have held up very well.  They are a year or two old, are worn constantly when its cooler out, but show very few signs of wear.  So I have faith that these socks will also last me a nice long time.

This was my first pattern from Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn, and I really liked both the book and the pattern.  The books has a bunch of really great patterns and good advice for matching handpainted yarn and patterns.  The pattern itself was easy, fun, didn't have any mistakes I noticed, and compliments the yarn very nicely.  It was interesting but simple knitting.


What in particular is so special about these socks?  Well they are pair number nine, but more importantly they were made completely with gifts.  The yarn was a birthday gift from my sister, the book and the needles were gifts from my brother.  Thanks guys!  My family are total enablers when it comes to my knitting, and I love it.

No comments: