Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Remember that mysterious wordless Wednesday post back in June?  Well, it has been given to its new owner and I can finally share what it was.


A shawl for my wonderful mom who just had her birthday this week.  I made it using my handspun merino and Cascade EcoWool.  My mom admired this roving when we bought it at  the Connecticut Sheep and Wool Festival.  She liked the bright and cheerful colors.  So I decided that she would have to be the recipient of whatever I made with it.

Having so little yarn I knew I had to combine it with another yarn to make anything substantial.  Looking around, I was inspired by Emilee's Handspun Showcase Shawl to make one for my mother. The simpleness of the pattern also made it perfect bar knitting, and I was quickly able to finish it.

It's still much too hot to need a wool shawl right now, but my mom loved it and I was pleased as punch that she liked it.

No comments: