Monday, September 20, 2010

One of Those Days

Ever have one of those days that just starts out with things going wrong?

This morning I opened the fridge for my usual morning orange juice.  While shuffling things around to get to my oj, a jar of pickled eggplant antipasto fell and the plastic cap snapped.  Pickled eggplant splattered all over the fridge and kitchen floor.  Then I almost broke a wine glass while loading it into the dishwasher.  Not a promising start to the day.

I'm changing plans for the day.  If I start cutting out the pattern for a new skirt or peeling sweet potatoes for dinner I'll probably just cut my finger off.  Instead, I'm going to make a cup of tea and work on this pretty little thing.


This is my first  Earl Grey sock by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee in brown Cherry Tree Hill Supersock.  I started these on Friday and I'm already on the 3rd repeat of the cable pattern.  I usually find guy socks to be very slow.  All that plain stockinette or rib just seems to take forever, but these socks feel like they're  going quickly. The little cable panels keeps things interesting, and the stockinette makes this a fast knit.

Now hopefully I'll manage not to break anything else before my much needed yoga class tonight.  Maybe I should put my tea in a metal mug just to be safe.

No comments: