Friday, March 19, 2010

Done!


Just in time for what is suppose to be a beautiful spring weekend I have a cute new top to wear.  The pattern is McCalls 5388, which I really liked.  The instructions were clear and the top went together pretty easily.  It just took me forever because I kept running out of stuff that I needed, like thread and elastic, and had to do a couple trips to Joanns before I was done.  The top is quite long.  Its tunic length, that kinda weird length that some people try to wear as a dress even though they really should wear pants.


I'm debating making another one of these tops using some green seersucker I got from fabric.com, or I may make one of the other variations included with the pattern.  If I do I'll probably make it a couple inches shorter and possibly bring in the neckline a tad since sometimes my bra strap showed.  But overall I am very pleased and hopefully I'll get to wear it out this weekend.

No comments: