Friday, March 5, 2010

Wardrobe Refashion

Has anyone else seen the Wardrobe Refashion?  No, its not a spin off of Project Runway.  Its a website where a people have pledged to not buy new clothes for a certain period of time, ranging from 2 month to life.  They'll either make their own or buy used in order to escape the clutches of the fashion industry.  I am quite intrigued by this concept, but I don't think I currently have the time to make this sort of commitment.  It does inspire me to try and make more of my own clothes, as evident by the mini shopping spree I did on fabric.com recently...




I loved the cute little blue flowers on this fabric and think it will make a perfect summer top. (Oh summer, how I miss you...)  The flowers are hard to see in this picture but I assure you they are super cute.  I'm thinking the short sleeved option for McCalls 5388 will be adorable.  This may be what I do tomorrow with first day of my spring break. Though it looks like I'd have to get elastic for the sleeves, but that's a problem easily remedied.

My other potential spring break sewing project is making this green vine fabric into a skirt.


But the problem here is that I can't decide what kind of skirt I want to make.  I'm up in the air if I want to use the tutorial for a full gathered skirt from Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing (One of my favorite sewing blogs) or make a simple wrap skirt.  Decisions, decisions.

No comments: