Thursday, April 8, 2010

Seven!


At last, there it is.  A full week's worth of hand knit socks to keep my feet cozy and comfy.  This long awaited moment arrives thanks to the completion of these lovelies:


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock in Carrick
Mods: Did a slip stitch heel rather than plain stockinette, Added a repeat of lace to the cuff

This was my first time knitting a Cookie A pattern, and I can see why this pattern at least is so popular.  The lace pattern was simple and addictive, and the directions were clear and easy. I had the lace memorized after the first repeat, and throughly enjoyed knitting it.  I also liked working with the Adorn sock yarn.  It wasn't splitty, didn't bleed, and was nice and soft, overall a very nice yarn.   The other nice thing about this sock is that it fills a gap in my sock wardrobe.  I didn't have any lacey spring/summer socks but now that I have these I'm sure they'll be getting lots of wear.  Plus they match my favorite blue shoes :)


PS- it is really hard to take a decent picture of your own feet while standing up.

No comments: