Saturday, April 24, 2010

CT Sheep & Wool 2010!

Today was an absolutely perfect for the Sheep and Wool Festival.   It was sunny and warm, but not too hot.  The Tolland Agricultural Center was full of vendors, people, and of course sheep!

This year I went with my mom and we had a lovely time wondering around looking at all the booths.  Of course we indulged in a little yarn and fiber goodness.  Since a wheel is not in my immediate future, my mom was nice enough to treat me to a pretty new spindle.  I picked out a Kundert spindle with a walnut whorl from The Wheel Thing's booth:


It's very pretty and I can't wait to spin with it so its good that I also got some lovely fiber.  On top some fawn colored Coopworth from Purple Fleece, and below is  some pretty merino that came from some place that I sadly can't remember the name of.


And of course I could not be around yarn and fiber all day without picking up some sock yarn.  I choose Panda Sox from Dye Dreams in their Seaside colorway, which is a little shiny and generally beautiful.  I'm imagining this becoming a lovely pair of socks with cables or lace.


Robert got out of going this year because he has papers to write, but he has been subjected to me showing off my pretty new wooly things so he didn't get to escape completely! 

No comments: